Sunday 27 April 2014

Little Blog Quilt Bee Block #2

As we approach the end of April I thought I'd share with you a picture of my wonky log cabin block, the April Block in the LBQB.


April's Queen Bee wanted a wonky log cabin in solids or bold prints. My stash is a little lacking in solids so I went with the print option. It is a worry - my bold may not be someone else's but that's the great thing when taking part in something like this I guess, you end up with a broad spectrum of work representing everyone's different taste. This is actually the second block I made as the first one was not wonky enough. I've found it really hard to be wonky! Incredible really, given that my cutting and measuring is usually so skew-whiff. I realise that the wonky-ness would show better in solids. The reason I decided to take part in the Bee was to learn new skills and I'm certainly doing that!

Love Natalie x

2 comments:

  1. yay! so glad you used prints as well Natalie. I am in the same boat as you, and don't have many solids at all, so I used some bold prints as well.
    But for the May block I have ordered a couple of solids as there is no option for prints. You're right, there is a lot of fun and learning to be had when making things to other people's preferences!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's certainly jazzy & bold. Like you I struggled with the wonky, and I had to raid The Skep's scrap basket for the solids ... I like bright and jewel colours but didn't have many solids long enough for the outer lengths! It will be interesting to see what Jenny does with them ... x al

    ReplyDelete