Thursday 30 January 2014

Perfect Rocky Road

I'm lucky enough to work in one of those offices where there is always food being brought in to share. I say lucky - really it's a nightmare because temptation is always in your way but there are worse places to work. At Christmas, one of my colleagues bought in some homemade rocky road and it was delicious! I don't have a very good track record with rocky road, I've tried different recipes over the years but it's never quite right. I asked my colleague for her recipe, and number 1 son did the honours and.......it worked! I don't know the origins of this recipe (whether it was from a book or magazine etc) so can only really credit Wendy the Nurse for it, but I'll share it none the less.

You need:
125g softened unsalted butter
300g dark chocolate
3tbsp golden syrup
200g rich tea biscuits (crushed)
100g mini marshmallows
Icing sugar

Heat the butter, chocolate and syrup in a heavy based pan, over a low heat. Remove from heat when melted and scoop out about 125g (I scooped out about half a cups worth) and keep to one side.
Fold in the marshmallows and the crushed biscuits.
Tip the mixture into a 9" square tin and smooth out the top.
Pour over the reserved mixture and smooth out.
Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, preferably overnight.
Dust with icing sugar and........


Enjoy!

Love Natalie 

No comments:

Post a Comment