Sunday 8 December 2013

Handmade Christmas Wreaths

I attended a wreath making workshop a couple of weeks ago and I'm so pleased with the result!



All of the materials were provided, and the instructions of how to turn wire, moss and holly into a decoration, and great fun was had by all.



There was a lot of "ouch-ing" because of the holly, despite the fact we were all wearing gardening gloves of some sort, but the end result was worth the pain.

How are your Christmas decorations coming along? Ours are all up and we're ready to go - there is at least one very excited little boy in my house!

I'll be joining up with Handmade Monday so join me there if you can to catch up on the Christmas craft goings on.

Love Natalie


11 comments:

  1. Did the class have a swear box for all the 'ouch-ing'?... You're right though, it was worth it as it's beautiful. Will you be making another one next year?

    Our decorations are going up after lunch this afternoon. I can't wait !!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous, definitely something that I'd like to have a go at! Maybe next year :-). Lovely to have you back in the blogging world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is beautiful. Will you be hanging it on your door for everyone to see?
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that sounds so fun! Love your wreath too, the orange slices are a lovely addition.

    Holly is devilishly prickly isn't.. i remember that from having a go at a mini wreath for our door last year! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaah, it is really lovely - and bit painful, but worth it. Hope you have a good week.

    Jill, Christmas Pie Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, I like the orange slices you've included. Holly is wicked, even with heavy gloves on it still gets you, but worth it in the end :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to find myself some holly, your wreath looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath looks lovely. We have not going with any decorations yet. Hubby always insists that we don't start too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely wreath you have created. I wish I had holly so that I could create one. I hope you have a blessed holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice wreath, even if it was a bit ouchy to do. Our decorations went up last week http://womblingway.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/it-christmas-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. every year I say I'm going to make a wreath, but somehow never get round to it! Yours is so lovely:)

    ReplyDelete