Sunday 9 June 2013

I was really pleased to finish my Bird Doorstops this week (I'm opting for "bird" as there seems to be much debate over the species!).


Somehow, I've managed to sew a crease into the fabric on one of them (I think the base had been cut out slightly wonky) but I needed one for my bedroom anyway, so I'll be keeping that one. So three more items for my Craft Fair Stock bag!  I've used different stuffing than that that I used for the original one and if I'm honest, I don't like it so much (it was a bit clumpy). I only really noticed a difference as I was putting the kids to bed and moving Bird I into place on George's bedroom door - it seems a little "plumper". Still, it won't be there at the fair for comparison and next time I need stuffing I'll know which type to buy.

Other than finishing these, my week has passed quickly in a haze of school/sport/children related activities. I thought this last half term would be a bit of a drag, especially given the impending Move to Big School for number 1 son but it's going by in a flash!

Thank you all for your helpful comments last week in regard to making cushions for Craft Fairs. I've decided I'm going to go with some covers and some pads, then people can see what the cover looks like "on" but can decide whether they want to buy it with or without the pad. My next job craft wise is to make said cushion covers but due to a cricket match on Saturday morning and then a tournament all day Sunday (to say nothing of Husband's birthday tomorrow and Fathers Day) I'm not sure that there will be a lot of crafting in these parts next week. Still, I shall keep an eye on what everyone else has been up to via Handmade Monday regardless (http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk/).

Hope you all have a fab week,
Love Natalie

12 comments:

  1. Summer terms always fly by in my experience. The birds are a really good idea. i like the different contrasting materials that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie, I love these. Can I be cheeky and ask what you stuff them with to give them enough weight to hold a door? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are stuffed with normal stuffing (though as I said, what I was using was too clumpy really) then I use a sandwich bag with normal cooking rice to be the weight at the bottom x

      Delete
  3. The doorstops are lovely, though I thought they were ducks at first! it's always nice when you have an excuse to keep some of your hard work for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought they were ducks but took so much teasing from my friends and family when I made the first one (they've been called chickens and pigeons!) that I thought "Bird" better covers it!

      Delete
  4. Aaaah, they are brilliant. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bird doorstops acre wonderful and definitely look like birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the doorstops too, they're colourful and quirky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great birds - I agree they are duck-like :-)
    And I sympathise with you trying to find time to craft. Life gets in the way!!
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your birds all in a row. I really like the contrasting fabrics.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They're so cute. I love the colours you've used xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Natalie, these are the cutest little family of birds. I like the way you mixed the fabric colors. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete