Tuesday 5 March 2013

I've been trying out new photography techniques.....

......By that, I mean I'm trying to improve my photography! I think I have made some progress. Natalie over at Free Spirit Designs (http://freespiritdesigns1.blogspot.co.uk/) suggested taking photos outside to improve the lighting. As the sun has been shining today, I thought I'd take a couple of photos of some cushions I made yesterday to see what a difference it would make to my otherwise dodgy photos.

Firstly, I took one of my usual, impatient photos of the cushions when I had finished them:


Then this morning, I took a photo of them outside on the bench:


This photo shows the colours of the fabric more so is an improvement on the first. But though it was bright, it was still early and certainly not sunny so after school I took one in the sunshine:


Though the colour of the photo is brighter, I think this may be too bright to show the colours of the fabrics as well. Just as well I suppose since the level of sunshine seen today is not common! Thanks to Natalie for the tip because I think it will definitely help in the future to photograph things outside, I now just need to learn some patience and spend a bit more time framing the photo and using an appropriate background.

Still, Rome wasn't built in a day!

Tomorrow I'm having a "Vintage Day Out" with BFF, visiting a Quilting/Fabric shop, a Deli and finally a Vintage Tea Room which I am really looking forward to. I did suggest I make us a Tea Dress each to wear but I thought that might be a bit too much. Hopefully the sun will be shining too!

Hope you're having a good week too,
Love Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Your cushion photos in my humble opinion look better outside, the details of the fabrics are alot clearer. Photos are something I need to work on, so I will give this a try. Hopefully more sunshine is on the way!
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete