Monday 15 October 2012


So here it is - the "new" sewing machine that I've been playing with at the weekend. It has been dusted down, and out, and used to do some patchwork. Unfortunately, all has not gone entirely to plan with my new toy: firstly, it only does straight stitch, and for a project I'm working on at the moment I at least need the option of some zig-zag work; secondly,it has very poor tension on the lower thread. I have re-wound the bobbin, altered the tension screw, re-threaded the top thread, everything that you can think of. I even took it for a session at an IfyouhaveaproblemIcansolveit clinic held by my mother yesterday morning, to no avail. Such a shame - it is a lovely machine and it would have been wonderful to have resurrected it from a lonely life in the loft but it is not meant to be. Fortunately, I've been able to borrow mums machine in the short term to complete the cushion I've been making. My wish list has just got itself a new addition I think! If anyone has any recommendations in regard to new sewing machines (I'll be looking for one that doesn't break the bank) then I'd love to here them. I will post a photo of the new cushion design soon.
Love Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment